Tuesday, February 28, 2012

hmmm...

So, I know that I should be grateful for something today, but it's getting kind of hard to think of something every day! However, I saw a pin on Pinterest that said, "What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?" ruh ro... (I'm thinking Scooby Doo in my head, if you didn't get that! haha!)

I know for a fact that there are so many things in my life that I should be thankful for today, but I'm realizing how much I take for granted without realizing it. Thanking God for every part of my life is not something I'm used to doing, and I think that's kind of why I wanted to do this gratitude blog. I want to be challenged to look past the obvious, and be "forced" (in a sense) to find something to be grateful for even when I don't feel like it.

Tonight I am thankful that Jared is willing to put Sophia to bed. This is not a new thing, he does it pretty much every night, but it's one less thing I need to do in the evenings. She goes down so much better for him, and after being with kids all day long, that's one thing that I don't mind letting him do. Please don't get me wrong-I love that girl more than just about anything in this world, and nothing could replace the time I spend with that girl. But I think that we all need that break at times.

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote...it gets me every time! Love your blog too by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete