Sunday, February 19, 2012

Church

Well, I'm not sure how this whole blog this is going to go, but I'll give it a go. It's taken me almost a week to do the first one, but maybe once I get going it'll get easier.

So, today is Sunday and we had a great morning at church. It took me WAY too long to get out of bed this morning, but once I was up and around I felt much better. Who am I kidding, it takes me way too long to get out of bed every morning! :)

We had a great night at our MYF 50s theme dinner last night. Hopefully I can get some pictures from my grandpa soon to post. It seemed like he took a lot of pictures, so I'm sure he got some good ones. I can't wait to see how ridiculous we all looked! Ha!

I am very grateful today for our church. I was reminded yesterday and today of how much love and support there is in that community. A lady came up to Jared and I at church today and told us how much she enjoyed the theme dinner last night. She said, "I think we as Christians need to encourage others in what they are doing and show our appreciation for their efforts whenever possible." I was very touched and challenged  by that. How often do I notice a kind gesture or appreciate someones work yet don't tell them?

That will be a goal of mine this week: acknowledging those around me, and showing my appreciation.

Have a great Sunday, all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment