Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Grateful for potty training!

Today I am grateful for Sophia's teachers at day care. She is SO close to being potty trained, and they have been so helpful with encouraging her. Today she woke up and declared, "No diaper, mommy! Wear panties! No diaper no more!" So that's what we did, and she had no accidents today! Not sure if this is really going to be the last time we do diapers or not, but I am very ready for that day to come.

It was another long day for me. Not so much with work this time, but sometimes I feel like I live at our church. If I'm not there for work, I'm there for something church related like youth group or music practice. It just never ends. A few months ago we were on our way to church one Sunday morning and as the church building came into view Jared said, "Sophia, look out the window! Where are we?" And she yelled, "Mommy's house!!" Ha ha! It sure does feel like it sometimes! Tonight I was at the church late practicing for Winter Youth Retreat this weekend which is going to be fun! I am looking forward to our own youth group being there this time and I am also looking forward to just playing music and worshiping God the way I feel I do it best. God has definitely given me a love of music and singing, so how could I not love these weekends!

It's been another late night and if I don't get sleep now, I probably won't until next week. So I will leave you now with a little song from a favorite movie of mine...

Goodnight sweetheart, well it's time to go do do de do do
Goodnight sweetheart, well it's time to go do do de do do
I hate to leave you but I really must say,
Goodnight sweetheart, Goodnight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment