Monday, March 5, 2012

Our weekend

It's been almost a week since I've written on here, and I wish it wouldn't have been so long. This last week has been kind of a whirlwind, and I'm not even sure where to start tonight. I think just to start off on a light note, I will share this photo, cause it just makes me smile!


We spent this last Fri-Sun in Greenwood with family. My grandparents just got back last week from Florida, and almost the whole family got together to celebrate birthdays and welcome them home. We had so much fun staying with my cousin Dana and her family. She has two girls, ages six and seven, who Sophia followed around all weekend! I realized after we left that I never got a picture of them, but I know they had a great time!

The weekend was kind of draining emotionally for me, just seeing how rough normal life has become for my grandpa. He has been struggling with his health for a while now, and is currently using an oxygen tank 100% of the time. I don't think I've yet let myself fully process what's going on with him, but I do know that every chance I have to spend with him at this point is a gift, and that is what I am grateful for right now.

Here are my favorite pictures from the weekend...

showing Mimmie all her princesses

PopPop-my new favorite picture

Jacob - my cousin's little boy

haha silly girl... she didn't want to sit at the table, so she went to the living room and got the stool

playing with "noopy" in the box

No comments:

Post a Comment