Thursday, April 5, 2012

grateful for so much!

Wow... it has been TOO long since I've written on here. Life just keeps moving no matter how much you wish it would slow down! There has been so much happening since I've written on here, so here goes a quick overview of what I am most recently thankful for...

I'm very grateful for friends. I began walking a few evenings a week with a friend who lives just down the road. Not only is it nice to get out in the beautiful weather, but the conversation is always good, and I feel better about myself for being at least a little active. I am also grateful for a few friends who I have been able to play music with at random times during my lunch break. The more I am playing guitar for my kids at school, the more comfortable I am getting, and the more relaxing it is to just sit and play. I'm thankful for those around me who have been encouraging and helping me figure out how to play the harder chords.

Work, as I've said before, has been pretty crazy since February when I ended up with the class by myself, but the Lord has heard my prayers, and has faithfully provided. Last week we hired a new assistant for my classroom, and it has been wonderful having her around. She has so much fun with the kids, and I think they love that she teases them so much. They are always laughing when she's around, and it's been a lot of fun. I've also really appreciated the help! You don't realize how much you rely on those around you until you don't have them. So thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

As I look around the room tonight, I realize again how thankful I am for my family. Jared has been home all week on Spring Break, and he has been working very hard around the house. (Mostly working on my "honey-do" list!) I am also thankful for my little ray of sunshine, Fia. She is so cute and funny, and even though she knows how to push my buttons and drive me up a wall, I love that little girl to death. She is always making us laugh, and blessing us in so many ways. My in-laws are here this weekend, and I love that Sophia recognizes them, and enjoys spending time with them since we don't see them very often. She is sitting on "Ammaw Leaman's" lap reading books right now, just loving every bit of it. How sweet.

We are looking forward to a fun-filled Easter weekend with family; there is an Easter-egg hunt in our near future, and for a two-year old, that is one of the most exciting things ever!! Hopefully we will get some good pictures to share soon!  Have a very blessed weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment