Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I miss you already!

PopPop passed away this morning... it's been a long couple days. I didn't think I had any tears left, but it just so happens that I do! As I was getting ready for work this morning, I noticed how nice and red/puffy my eyes were, so I thought why not step out a little and actually do my make-up this morning! (Those of you who see me on a daily basis know that NEVER happens) So, I get to the day care this morning, and the most wonderful thing, that could happen on a day when you lose a grandparent, happened. I walked into the gym and one of my sweet little boys looked at me and said, "Ms. Addie, you look really nice today." *melt* They know just how to touch my heart when it needs to be touched. I needed that more than anything after everything that has happened.

I am also so very very grateful for the friends and family that are surrounding us right now in this time of loss. It has been a very quick, rough road, and I am thankful for everyone who has prayed and reached out to us with kind words. We are headed back down to Indy tomorrow morning, and plan to be there most likely through the weekend. We haven't heard any plans yet as far as funeral and viewing go, but I know that no matter what, I will be surrounded by love, and that is enough to keep my heart at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment