Saturday, March 10, 2012

Full of gratitude

There are more things I am thankful for everyday, and for that I am grateful. It's been one heck of a week, and now, on a late Saturday night, I am sitting here bursting with thanks for so many things!

First, I am thankful for the last couple days. My wonderful friend Meg and I stayed at my parents house Thurs and Fri nights, cleaning and organizing. Doesn't sound like the most fun, huh? But with good company, anything can be fun! We did get the cleaning and organizing done, but what I am most thankful for is the time to catch up with a great friend. Meg, I am SO very thankful for your friendship, and hope we have the opportunity to do that more often.

Second, I am thankful for more good friends. This evening we hung out with a group of "young adult" friends from church. I put young adult in quotes because at our church "young" is a kind of loose term. Although the group is very diverse and we may have a wide range of ages, I love the way we have become a family of sorts; even Sophia has opened up and I can tell she is becoming comfortable around them. What a blessing it is to have a group of great friends who love and care for each other the way this group does. I love you all!!

And last but DEFINITELY not least, I am so very thankful for a God who pursues the lost. I have been distant, to say the least, from God recently, yet I can know that He is right there calling me everywhere I go. This last week all I've heard from Him is that I need to live in the now. I need to stop dwelling on the past and worrying about the future; I have been given a beautiful life right now, and I need to start enjoying it! My fears and worries about the past and future hold me back from a true relationship with Christ more than I realize. It's so easy to get wrapped up in those fears/worries that I don't know what I'm doing to myself. But again, God is pursuing and pursuing and all I need to do is answer. It sounds so easy to do, but it doesn't feel so easy; it actually is a lot harder for me than I would even like to admit. But instead of getting frustrated at myself for being distant and stubborn, tonight I am thankful that God continues to pursue even when I am distant, stubborn and completely unworthy of His love and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment